miércoles, 27 de mayo de 2009

What did I learn thanks to the interview?

In addition to the answers I got to each question, I could appreciate that Betty is very much involved with everything related to Detodas. Also got a strong sense of how grateful Betty is for the job she's got and the support received from the cooperativa. Finally I can't explain exactly how but I can say that she shows a lot of self confidence and pride of what she does and they way she got to the point in which she is right now in her life.

4 comentarios:

  1. Melissa - Ok, did you learn anything related to this class through the interview?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hello! is great to know Betty has their own "company". why did you think Betty is very involve with DETODAS? Which is her feeling with the cooperative?
    VERONICA DELGADO

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think she is so involve because of the way it has changed her life. She found someone who trusted her and she feels like so much confidence was given to her and the results were so great that her relationship with the cooperativa was reassured. In the same line, she feels that the cooperativa provided her with the means to built her own business and now she can support her family and continue growing.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Justin,
    With this interview I learned about how institutions in our society have the means to get involve into a social discourse. If other banks were to put something like this initiative into action, so many people would be helped with it. Betty of the cooperativa was so happy with her new business, so it also changes the point of view that media has about society. As Clay Shirky said we also like to produce. And with the example Detodas is setting maybe it can influence the beneficiaries to direct their business to social labor as well as an economic profit. I know I would like to include social action as a fundamental part of whatever company I get involved in.

    ResponderEliminar